Monday, September 20, 2010

Faces

I can't read expressions. It's a pretty typical problem. I was speaking to my cousin yesterday and he made a face that I didn't understand. Shortly after I laughed a fake laugh of course, but then I had to think about it. I don't think my laugh was correct and I spent a long time going over in my head his expression. I get so frustrated when I can't read expressions, I rarely can anyway, but it still bothers me. I'm a very analytical person, and I calculate everything I'm going to do based off the situation. If I can't gather information from an expression I don't know how to react. I end up pausing at times in the middle of face to face conversation.

People have a tendency to say things while showing a face that doesn't correlate with what they're saying. At least I think so, so it just annoys me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aspie. I liked reading through your posts.

    ReplyDelete