Monday, September 27, 2010

School Life - Fourth and Fifth Grade

Fourth Grade was the beginning of my downfall. I was thrust into a class with all new people and a teacher who didn't understand me. She was a first year teacher and foolishly listened to my kindergarten teacher's comments about me, those being "i'm a problem child" and to "watch out for me". I didn't know anyone, and I tried to get to know others but it didn't work well. The kids ending up hating me and everyone talked bad about me. Several times they tried to jump me, but I was good at protecting myself.

I hated my teacher, she didn't seem intelligent. I was educating her about things she was teaching in history, which I found ridiculous. I lost all respect for her but I didn't show this through disrespect. I was still respectful, but I made sure to insert little tid bits into the lesson after class. I never raised my hand, I was too scared to speak in front of others.

At times I would get too overworked in the classroom. It was loud and there were always kids screaming and yelling and talking. I often just asked for a bathroom pass and went walking around the school building for 10-15 minutes. The building was pretty big. I'd get back to class, sit down, and do whatever I wanted. It was usually related to what the class was studying, just more advanced. I did a lot of studying outside of school too, it's all I did. 


Fifth Grade was my last year in elementary school and my worst. My teacher taugh all the classes and she only taught one type of class. Math. I loved math before her but it was too much. I also enjoyed English and I barely got a chance to do it in the class. The teacher didn't like me, the science teacher who came by twice a week didn't like me. I used to correct my science teacher on things and he called me "bitchy" to the entire class. He also once grabbed me by my arm when I was in front of class and erased something he did wrong and corrected it. I went straight to the principal's office and told him about what happened. At this point in time the only person who liked me was the principal. People made fun of me a number of times. I was quiet most of the time and withdrawn. they would constantly call me names and it used to bother me, but I soon started to ignore them all. My 5th grade teacher listened to what my Kindergarten teacher said and labeled me a problem child. It was so annoying. I got along with one boy who knew me from second grade. I didn't consider us friends but he thought I was his very good friend. There was a boy who liked me, but we didn't get along well. He used to tap me and it bothered me. He tapped me on my shoulder once and I was trying to ignore him, I just got upset and punched him in the face. The principal just told me I have to control myself, and let it go.


I was ostracized at lunch time. I couldn't sit at the table with the boys, they bothered me too much. Boys are bullies. I sat with the girls usually with one other boy but the girls were just as annoying and pushed me out eventually. I mostly sat at an empty lunch table made to accommodate 20 people. I did the same thing in Kindergarten and first grade. 


In my last year I started getting really bad grades. I didn't care about work anymore and was more interested in what I was interested in, so I focussed on that. At the end of the year I graduated and won a few awards. I had the highest standard test scores for English and Math in the state for Elementary students. I took a few pictures with my parents while everyone else were taking pictures with their friends. I had none but one boy, who sat at the girls table, asked to take a picture with me. I said yes, the picture was taken. We went out to eat, me and my parents, and that was the end of my Elementary life. Sadly Junior High started and a minor hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment