Monday, September 27, 2010

School Life - Sixth Grade

On my first day of Sixth Grade I was early and I met with my teachers. They were both very nice. I was put in a "slower learning" class despite being highly intelligent and a quick learner. Both of my teachers were confused why i was there. I had the math skills of a high school senior and the vocabulary level of one in college, yet I was in slower learning classes.

I went through much of the same, being taught things I already knew, but this time I was given advanced material by my teachers to work on separately. I was thrilled. I was actually learning something in school again. I had choir in this year. I have an okay singing range and voice but I was worried about singing in public, so I didn't. I sung once. My class being people who were slow learners and rowdy, where very annoying and loud. I couldn't take it most of the time. I would put my head down and drive my thumb into my middle finger while they yelled.

I got into a few altercations in this year. A boy spat on me. I don't know why. I stayed out of others business and tried to stay by myself as much as I could, but I was always a target. The boy who spat on me highly annoyed me. I started to strangle him, someone grabbed me from behind and insisted he punch me, but he didn't. I went back to class as if nothing happened. The teacher told me I can't go around fighting people when they do something like that, but she said he deserved it, and smiled. Another boy used to stick his finger in my face all the time, I grabbed it and tried to break it but I was stopped.

At lunch time I was picked on, people would say things about me, but I did have one friend. I don't remember his name now, but we got along. I used to lecture people in gym class about science, no one listened much. I hated gym, I never got dressed and just sat on the bleachers.

At lunch again! I got side tracked, at lunch I got into a fight. I accidentally popped a button on a boys shirt so he came over and punched me in the head. He punched me about five times. While he was punching me I was thinking the whole time. "Why is he doing this, what is happening?" He walked away after that, and I punched him in the back of his head. He fell and I got picked up by the dean. I don't remember her name but she was fighting cancer and had a few legions on her face, she lost her fight four years later. I liked her, we had to write about what we did. I didn't think I did anything wrong. My parents had to go to school and it was very bothersome. I didn't tell my parents they had to come to school until the next morning.

There was a girl, Christina, whom I hated. She used to bother me all the time and would put her finger in my face. I grabbed her wrist when I got to my breaking point and forced her to the ground until she apologized. I didn't get in trouble for this. Another boy who did the same thing (sixth grade was pull of face pointers) I punched in the stomach.

I made another friend during sixth grade now that I think about it. He was nice to me and we talked sometimes. That's about it. I got an award during this grade for straight A+'s on all my English reports. Math and Science although my passion, I did horribly. I never did homework. I passed sixth grade and went onto an advanced seventh grade class. Although it was an advanced class I still felt everyone wasn't that smart and my classes were still simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment